The officially recognized regional body of its umbrella body TAFISA, TAFISA Europe is an informal platform for Europe. TAFISA Europe’s primary objectives are to:
- Provide programs and events for members and citizens, including physical activity events, educational programs and networking events
- Provide European networking and experience transfer platforms
- Lobby across Europe for sport for all and physical activity and assume political leadership.
TAFISA Europe members are all paying European members of TAFISA. Therefore, the members benefit from the services of both TAFISA and TAFISA Europe.
TAFISA Europe’s work is based on a set of guidelines and is chaired by a Steering Committee that was elected during the last Europe regional meeting on 14 October 2015 in Budapest, Hungary as part of the 24th TAFISA World Congress. TAFISA Europe succeeded ESFAN, which was dissolved in 2011 as a legal body according to the new business strategy.
The Steering Committee:
The members of the new Steering Committee had their first meeting in Istanbul, January 30 – 31, 2016. The meeting has been extremely fruitful with valuable results and outcomes on a variety of issues also related to the future strategy of TAFISA Europe as the regional body of TAFISA:
- 1st TAFISA Europe Conference: TAFISA Europe is proud to announce its 1st TAFISA Europe Conference to be held in Ljubljana, Slovenia, September 16 – 18, 2016. For the first time TAFISA Europe invites all of its members to attend a Conference which will exclusively focus on European issues of Sport for All and thus follow the many requests which were received. TAFISA Europe likes to thank our hosts – the National Olympic Committee of Slovenia and the Sport Union of Slovenia – to take this initiative. Please save the date in your calendar!
- “Take back Your Streets… Take Back Your Future! (TBYS/F)”: the TAFISA Europe Steering Committee has adopted TBYS/F as its new program to be shared amongst members.
||Peter Barendse, Netherlands, KC Sport
||Malgorzata Szukalska-Wrona, Poland, Ministry of Sports and Tourism
Prof. Dr. Ismail Hakki Mirici, Turkey, Executive Board Member, Turkish Sport for All Federation
Jorge de Carvalho, Portugal, Portuguese Institute of Sport and Youth
Prof. Dr. Dusan Mitic, Serbia, Sport for All Association Serbia
Efi Mouzourou, Cyprus, Cyprus Sports Organization
Patrik Perosa, Slovenia, Sport Union of Slovenia
Wolfgang Baumann, TAFISA Secretary General, Germany
TAFISA Europe Office
Mainzer Landstraße 153
Tel: 0049 (0) 69 973 935 992 0
Fax: 0049 (0) 69 973 935 992 5