The officially recognized regional body of its umbrella body TAFISA, TAFISA Africa is an informal platform for Africa. TAFISA Africa’s primary objectives are:
- Developing and promoting Sport for All in Africa with the aim to use sport as tool for development and peace
- Promoting the official TAFISA activities and programs in Africa
- Strengthening the cooperation among its Members in order to provide contribution to its activities in the field of Sport for All by:
- collecting and sharing knowledge of its structures and activities
- formulating common goals for its expectations
- initiating international exchange of knowledge, experience and good
practices through workshops, trainings, conferences etc.
- Initiating and maintaining the international cooperation with organizations having interest in the field of Sport for All, especially with the African-wide organizations.
- Cooperating with African regional, continental and international institutions in the furtherance of TAFISA goals and objectives.
- Implementing and promoting African initiatives supporting the development of Sport for All among the communities, for example the TAFISA/UNESCO VIPS Program.
- Encouraging sport organizations at all levels for active involvement in actions aimed at the development of Sport for All in Africa and calling for cooperation with TAFISA.
- Supporting cross-sectoral cooperation in order to search for synergies between various partners and to utilize the resources of different networks.
TAFISA Africa members are all members of TAFISA based in Africa. Therefore, the members benefit from the services of both TAFISA and TAFISA Africa.
TAFISA Africa’s work is based on a set of guidelines (see attached) and is chaired by a Steering Committee that was formed during the TAFISA/UNESCO VIPS Training Course held 17-21 April 2012 in Arusha, Tanzania.
The Steering Committee:
|| Henry Lihaya, National Sports Council, Tanzania
||Augustine Odijie, National Olympic Committee, Sport for All Commission, Nigeria
Ivan Mugowa – National Council of Sports, Uganda
Bobby Gaseitsiwe – National Sports Council, Botswana
Laurent Nzeyimana – Ministry of Youth, Sports & Culture, Burundi
George Owusu Ansah – National Sport for All Association, Ghana
Gordon Oluoch – National Sports Council, Kenya
Samkelo Mahlobo - African Wanderers Football Club, South Africa
Jacobus Nel - International Jukskei Federation, South Africa
Wycliffe Ngoya - Sacrena Community Sports and Education Academy, Kenya
Leonard Thadeo, TAFISA Vice President Africa, Ministry of Sports, Tanzania
Wolfgang Baumann, TAFISA Secretary General, Germany
|| Kelly Park, TAFISA Office
TAFISA Africa Office
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255 22 213 0719
Fax: +255 22 213 019